Bagged Leaves & Yardwaste:
Effective April 1, 2012 County Waste and Advantage Waste will begin picking up yardwaste for their customers. If you do not have either of these companies as your garbage hauler, please contact your hauler for information.
* Correction: County Waste will begin on April 15th. (3.19.12 @ 11:16am tls)
Request for proposals have been sent to area companies. Proposals are due Friday, March 23, 2012, more information to follow then.
County Waste has been award the contract. Program is tenatively scheduled for week of May 7th. Program will run same as prior years, one pass through town!
** PROGRAM HAS BEEN CONFIRMED AND WILL RUN THE WEEK OF MAY 7th. **
I. Examples of eligible bulk items
· Furniture – upholstered & un-upholstered
· Rugs & Carpets – 4’ or less, rolled & tied
· Mattresses & Box springs
· Wood – no longer than 4’, no bigger than 3” dia., bundled & tied
· Grills - NO propane tanks
· Fixtures - sinks, toilets, tubs
· Appliances - Must be placed in separate pile from the above for pick up. Washer, dryer, hot water tank, stove, dishwasher, refrigerators, etc.
· Metal items no longer than 6 ft.
II. Examples of ineligible items
· Household trash, loose trash or rubbish
· Tree stumps, limbs, branches, lawn clippings, leaves
· Paints, Stains, Sealers, Solvents
· Chemicals; wet or dry,
· Aerosol cans, motor oils or fuels
· Propane tanks
· Computers, monitors, keyboards, televisions etc.
Wednesday, April 18th, click below for details
Household Hazardous Waste:
Various dates through out the summer. Program provided by County of Schenectady. Click below for further details